What do I do if I think my value is too high?

First you should ask yourself if you think you could have sold your property for the assessed value as of January 1. If not, then you should file for an abatement and provide information as to why you feel the value is in excess of its fair cash value. An abatement form can be picked up in the Assessor’s Office or on our website.