According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control, symptoms COVID-19 (coronavirus) include fever and respiratory illness, such as coughing and difficulty breathing. Symptoms of the virus are similar to those of seasonal flu. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
Call your doctor if you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Stop the Spread of Germs
- Wash hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol- based hand sanitizing liquid or gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Always cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Try to avoid close contact with anyone that is sick.
- When sick yourself, stay home to protect others.
- Clean and disinfect areas and objects that are touched frequently. Such as phones, door handles, desk, keyboards, ect.
Individuals who have come into close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should contact their local board of health or the DPH Epidemiology Line at (617) 983-6800.
Helpful Links & Resources:
Reopening MA Business Guidance: